Sweet Potato Pie
- Pastry for single-crust 9-inch pie
- 2 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 7-1/4 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes
or 24 packets Equal® sweetener
or 1 cup Equal® Spoonful™
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated skim milk
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- Roll pastry on lightly floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie pan. Ease pastry into pan; trim and flute edge.
- In a large bowl, mix sweet potatoes, eggs, Equal®, margarine, flour, spices, salt, vanilla and evaporated skim milk until smooth. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 350°F and bake until filling is set and sharp knife inserted near center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack; refrigerate until serving time.
||1 vegetable, 2 bread, 1-1/2 fat
|33% calorie reduction from traditional recipe