Chocolate Frozen Treat
- 10-3/4 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes
or 36 packets Equal® sweetener
or 1-1/2 cups Equal® Spoonful™
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch 2 tablespoons European
or Dutch-process cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup real liquid egg product
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine Equal®, cornstarch, cocoa and salt in medium saucepan; stir in milk and margarine. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Boil until thickened, whisking constantly, about 1 minute.
- Whisk about 1 cup milk mixture into egg product in small bowl; whisk egg mixture back into milk mixture in saucepan. Cook over very low heat, whisking constantly, 30 to 60 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Let cool; refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Freeze mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Pack into freezer container and freeze until firm, 8 hours or overnight. Before serving, let stand at room temperature until slightly softened, about 15 minutes.
Mocha Frozen Treat: Add 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals to Equal® before adding milk.Yield: Makes 6 (1/2-cup) servings
||1 milk, 1 fat
|63% calorie reduction from traditional recipe