SeniorMag Award of Excellence
The SeniorMag Award of Excellence, the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval™ (1) for Senior Friendly Business, has become the recognized standard to show that the displaying business adheres to SeniorMag standards for products and customer service. As related to web sites, the SeniorMag Award of Excellence shows an adherence to design qualities that favor senior readers as well as the above criteria which define its business practice.
SeniorMag Award of Excellence Criteria:
- Your business must be a business to consumer company that offer products that are of general use and design to people over the age of 50.
- Your business must offer money-back guarantees on your products and have a valid and reliable means for the customer to engage your customer service staff and resolve product and/or performance issues.
- You must own and operate a valid domain that belongs solely to your company and not post on any free web servers.
- Your primary source of business cannot be as an MLM, work-at-home, make-money fast, telemarketing, or affiliate merchandiser.
- Your business must have been established for more than one year, be in good standing with your local Better Business Bureau, and take all reasonable measures to handle customer issues with care and sensitivity.
- Your company must not engage in the sale and/or distribution of alcohol, firearms, or gambling or the distribution of medical or supplement products whose claims cannot be substantiated.
- SeniorMag reserves the exclusive right to determine who may display the SeniorMag Seal of Excellence and may reject any applicant without cause.
Within two (2) weeks, you will receive an email based on your submission. If you are declined, a reason will be stated. However, you may reapply at any time after the criteria has been met.
If you are accepted, you will be allowed to post the SeniorMag Award of Excellence on your site and a link will then be created to your site as well.
If you are granted the SeniorMag Award of Excellence, you must display the seal of approval in the defined manner. Your right to display the SeniorMag Award of Excellence logo is not granted in perpetuity. Your business must continue to adhere to the principles as defined above. SeniorMag may, at its sole discretion, request that the SeniorMag Award of Excellence be removed from your site at any time.
(1) SeniorMag is not affiliated with Good Housekeeping™, Good Housekeeping Magazine™, Hearst Magazines™, or any of heir affiliated companies. The SeniorMag Award of Excellence is not connected in any way with the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval™.