Thinking of starting a home business? Then consider that
there are personality traits that are common to business
The following home
biz pop quiz might just give you some insight into the kind of
people that are most successful when starting their own
Home Biz Pop Quiz
by: BB Lee
Are you serious about starting or
managing your own home based business?
Consider this: most successful
business owners exhibit very similar traits which helped pave the
way to their success.
Think of any successful business
leader you admire. What characteristics do they exhibit?
Are they ruthless, focused, self
assured, dynamic, real go getters, highly motivated, intelligent,
very organized, have a unique vision, very detailed oriented, very
aggressive, people oriented, loners, self-starters, good business
sense, well educated, hard workers.
Are any of these character traits
part of your personality! Take
this quiz now to see how you measure up!
Answer True or False to the
1. I've personal experience in
the business I wish to start.
2. I am very organized.
3. I always sweat the details.
4. I know how to price my product
to sell plus make a profit.
5. I am highly motivated to be
6. I enjoy this type of work. I'd
even do it for free.
7. My family supports my business
8. I have enough money saved to
see me through the first few years.
9. Every home based biz venture
needs a business plan.
10. I am willing to work alone
for long periods.
11. I'm in good enough health to
endure long hours.
12. I've researched my targeted
13. People consider me a ball of
14. I enjoy planning and then
carrying out the plan.
15. I have a mentor or a friend
who I query for advice.
16. I've discovered a niche
inside this business market.
17. I accept working long hours
with little or no compensation.
18. I have enough space in my
home to operate a business.
19. I know zoning and licensing
laws in my community and how they might affect my business.
20. I am aware of business legal
structures. (sole proprietorship, corporations, etc.,).
21. I know how to maintain
22. I know what insurance
coverage, if any, my business must maintain.
23. I am aware of what
equipment/supplies I will need and the cost.
24. I have a pay schedule set to
compensate myself for all my work.
25. Being in control and
responsible for my own business sounds great to me.
Well...no big surprise here! All
the answers to the questions were True! If you answered True to
most of the questions then you have a reasonably good chance to be
a success considering all other factors, such as time, money,
If you answered "False"
to any of the questions, this is a warning sign that this area
needs to be studied closely to see what means needs to be
implemented to strengthen this vital area. This could be easily
accomplished through self study, extensive reading, research
online, workshops, returning to school, getting good business
advice from a professional in the field.
BB Lee (C)2004